Got an idea for a story for NUVO!
Do you have a story or a series of stories that you’d like to create for NUVO? Send us your idea! If you story is published you will recieve an equal share of 100% of the membership revenue based upon your share of the number of articles published each month. Please send your story idea to Kevin McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is NUVO?
NUVO is a writer-centered, solutions-focused, journalism platform, made possible by its members. We were founded in 1990 and transitioned to online only in March of 2019
Unlike conventional media coverage, which tends to focus on incidents and exceptions while struggling to be objective, NUVO takes the long view, and works to uncover the structural influences and key developments that shape our shared world. Where we encounter problems, we also work to find possible solutions.
Our writers are independent: they define their own beats and chase the stories they feel most important. Our writers are committed to collaborating with members.
We are looking for a story or a story series that...
- doesn't report the same news we see elsewhere, but uncovers the context for that news
- focuses on a development that’s relevant not only today, but every day
- contains an original insight and makes readers look at the world in a new way
- emerges and is told in dialogue with our members
- not only reveals a problem, but also provides possible solutions
- expresses your expertise and passion, and makes clear what you think
- is multi-disciplinary (e.g. the education and poverty)
- challenges stereotypes, debunks myths, and dispels prejudices
- is based on thorough investigation and reliable sources
- enhances nuvo.net because it’s different from anything we already have.
We are not looking for stories that....
- only focus in on incidents and exceptions
- fail to show the bigger picture or why it’s important
- appear frequently in other media
- we already deal with extensively
- contain no clear, original insights
- are written by authors that want to broadcast ideas, and not discuss them with members
What can we offer?
We pay all of our writers an equal share of 100% of the membership revenue each month based upon your share of the number of articles published.
Have photos you would like to submit?
Are you an artist or photographer and would you like to share your portfolio with us? Email Charlie Clark at email@example.com. Would you like to pitch a specific image-driven story, for which you’ll provide the text and the images? In that case, the same criteria applies as outlined above.
We can’t wait to hear your story ideas!
Dan Grossman, Writer
Seth Johnson, Writer
Charlie Clark, Design & Photography Manager
Kevin McKinney, Editor & Publisher
Kathy Flahavin, Business Manager