1) What do you offer as a candidate?
A fresh look from an experienced citizen with common sense.
2) What does your district most need
from the City Council?
A serious effort to control the expansion of local government, and a
sincere effort at cutting expenses by eliminating unnecessary expenditures.
3) What's your opinion of the 2012
budget proposed by the mayor?
the mayor wants to do a good job. However, his 2012 budget does not adequately
address fundamental problems, such as mass transit and city infrastructure
4) What is your position on a
comprehensive smoking ban?
the government should not legislate personal choice.
5) Do you think the city needs more
I think the
city needs to address crime by sponsoring real job training, and affording
real employment opportunities to people who would work if they could find a
6) Do you support increased funding for
Mass transit is something local government should take very seriously, with a
comprehensive plan that provides for public transportation to and from all the
7) Do you think the streets and
sidewalks in your district are in good
not enough sidewalks so there condition cannot be assessed. I think the streets
are fairly well maintained, however a better job of
preventative maintenance needs to be implemented.
8) Name one project that would most
benefit your district.
Indianapolis will not have enough water to support everyone's needs. We need to
have a serious approach to the long term need for
9) What question do you wish we'd asked?
Why are you
running for City-Council...