Each week, the ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, create the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) to test your knowledge of current environmental news.
New Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What do scientists believe urban air pollutants are doing to
babies, even before their first breath?
a. Growing hair on their chests.
b. Giving them "leprosy-like" skin lesions.
c. Making them vulnerable to road rage.
d. Damaging their IQs.
e. Making them cry for no good reason.
2. What do environmentalists generally believe is Obama's biggest
failure thus far?
a. Not putting solar on the roof of the White House.
b. Not firing Salazar.
c. Not having Bush and Cheney jailed.
d. Not getting climate and energy legislation moving.
e. Not quitting smoking.
3. What may be the most effective way to limit greenhouse gases in the
a. Sue coal-fired plants for "ugly-fying the landscape with
c. Civil action.
d. Put Congress to sleep with clever hypnotists.
e. A rule on mercury, which could shut down coal plants.
4. What is the infectious spread of the fungus, Cryptococcus gattii,
a. A warming climate.
b. Recreational boats.
c. Acidification of the oceans.
d. Dust clouds.
e. Russian bio warfare.
5. In Michigan, what is the medical cost per year of four diseases
linked to environmental toxicants?
a. $3.85 billion
b. $1.85 billion
c. $5.85 billion
d. $2.85 billion
e. $4.85 billion
6. According to scientists, what has had an unappreciated impact on
e. Frog farts
7. What does a new study, for the first time, confirm about ocean
a. It's declined 40 percent since 1950.
b. It's increasing as nutrients nourish it.
c. It was delivered by aliens.
d. It tastes like chicken.
e. It wants to take over the earth.
8. What is the "simple reason" for the upcoming mass extinction that
future scientists will struggle to understand?
a. Calcific anemia.
c. Solar flares.
d. Volcanic eruptions.