The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week beginning Monday, Feb. 7, 2011, to test your knowledge of current environmental news.
Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What has invaded Florida, disrupting tourism?
a. Quagga mussels
c. Tea Party members
d. Portuguese Man-of-War
e. Christian college students
2. Why is there a bill in Orange County to exempt fireworks from Coastal Act regulation?
a. Because it's patriotic to pollute the environment!
b. Because for the hell of it!
c. Because tree-huggin' pinkos created the durn regulation!
d. Because firework displays are wholesome and patriotic!
e. Because it's patriotic to threaten wildlife!
3. According to experts, what is causing a "global tsunami of cardiovascular disease"?
b. Unchecked flatulence
d. A lack of planning ahea
4. How did ASU researchers describe consumer responses to favorite objects?
a. "my right as a lifestyle American"
b. "material possession love"
c. "I heart my crap"
d. "an endless, voracious hunger that cannot be satisfied until we die a bloated death."
e. "worth every extinction it caused"
5. What designation has been granted to the walrus by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service?
b. Warranted but precluded
d. Too big to fail
6. What did the Buffalo City Council vote 9-0 to do about hydraulic fracturing?
a. Fund it
b. Eat it
c. Stall it
d. Inhale it
e. Ban it
7. In January, what was the most recent measurement of Arctic sea ice?
a. Growing like a weed
b. Lowest ever recorded
c. I'd rather pay attention to Lindsay Lohan
d. About the same
e. There's none left to measure
8. What did a US company sell to Egypt's pre-revolution government?
a. WallStreet Forensics: "'Deep Crisis Capitalism': Trope of Trauma, or Trip of Triumphalism?
b. Pornography Trackback: "Deep Packet Analysis of ParaphiliaTraffic"
c. Internet Traffic Analysis: "Deep Packet Inspection"
d. Semiotic Deconstruction: "'Deepness as (Far) Forward"
e. Kristofferson Constitutionalism: "Freedom Just Another Word for Nothing Left to Lose"?