The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week beginning Monday, Jan. 24, to test your knowledge of current environmental news.
Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. According to new research, how long have humans been provoking climate change?
a. 8000 years
b. Since people hung out with dinosaurs
c. 200 years
d. 2000 years
e. 30 years
2. Why do researchers believe tree species could go extinct?
a. They'll not want to live in this mad mad world.
c. They'll be cut down for fuel.
d. They'll "choke" on too much CO2.
e. They won't be able to keep pace with climate change.
3. What has the EPA determined recently about natural gas?
a. It is not "natural."
b. It is not "gas."
c. Its climate benefits are overstated.
d. It will wean us off oil and coal.
e. It doesn't make enough profits for industry.
4. What is the group, Waters Advocacy Coalition, comprised of?
a. Tree-hugging environmentalists.
c. River-hugging environmentalists.
d. Some of the nation's largest industrial and agricultural concerns.
e. Dunces and thieves.
5. What does Newt Gingrich want to replace the EPA with?
a. The "Rapture Can't Come Soon Enough Party."
b. The "Business Always WIns Agency."
c. The "Environmental Solution Agency"
e. The "Hell With The Planet Agency."
6. At this point, where can plastic marine debris be found?
a. On the surface of every ocean on the planet.
b. Everywhere but the Arctic.
c. In the South Atlantic.
d. In the Dead Sea.
e. In the North Pacific.
7. What did a British analysis find about Obama and State of the Union speeches?
a. Obama has a weird accent.
b. He has paid less attention to climate change than any president in the last 20 years.
c. If you play his speeches backwards all he talks about is climate change!
d. He has paid more attention to climate change than any president in the last 20 years.
e. His references to climate change are cryptographically encoded.