The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, bring you the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week beginning Monday, July 19, to test your knowledge of current environmental news.
New Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies": http://apocadocs.com/book/
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What are 300 U.S. hospitals now serving with meals?
a. Misfortune cookies
b. Compostable cutlery.
c. MRSA soup
d. Antibiotic-free beef
e. Jello shaped like cancerous tumors
2. What have researchers found that may reduce methane emissions from
cows and sheep?
a. Sequestration pouches
b. Curry spices
c. Caps like BP is using
d. Stern lectures
e. Sentimental entreaties
3. What is the unexpected consequence of cleaning oil in the Gulf with
a. It's draining water supplies.
b. It's turning the water yellow.
c. It's killing giant jellyfish.
d. It's killing oysters.
e. It's bringing life to dead zones.
4. What are Russians sounding a warning over?
a. The end of the world as we know it
b. That are coming! Coming!
c. Arctic sea ice melt
d. Potato blight
e. Nuclear waste leaks
5. How many counties in the US will be facing water shortages due to
a. 1 in 5
b. None! 'Cause climate change ain't real, y'all!
d. 1 in 4
e. 1 in 3
6. What is the DOE and the plumbing industry battling about?
a. Leaky faucets
b. Toxicity of Drano
d. Corroded pipes
7. What does the Philippines' CCC say is the "critical aspect" in the
fight against climate change?
c. Climate migration