Wednesday morning, Klipsch Music Center (formerly Verizon Music Center, even more formerly Deer Creek Music Center) announced it will now be known as the Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center. Here's seven things we thought when we heard the new name.
1. When's the Brew-Off at the Ruoff?
2. Who's gonna raise the Ruoff first?
3. What's the first band that's gonna tear the Ruoff this motherfucker?
4. And you thought Klipsch was unpronounceable.
5. We're totally still going to call it the Verizon Music Center.
6. Totally called it. Didn't at all think it would be the John Deer Creek Music Center. Not disappointed at all. :(
7. At least it's less words to remember than the Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn at White River State Park.
In all seriousness, the space now called Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center is one of the best places in the state to see live music, and we've spent many a night gazing up at the stars enjoying the excellent sound, wide lawn and plethora of bathroom options. We can't wait for 2018's season. Here's our wishlist of dream artists for the Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center's 2018 season, in no particular order:
1. Daft Punk
4. Radiohead (again)
5. Steve Earle
6. Sia (R U Off? Sia at the show!)
8. Jay-Z, but on the Watch the Throne tour