• Frank Dean and The Snakehandlers will perform a special "Unplugged" show this Saturday at The Jeff St. Pub in Franklin at 7pm. The free, all-ages, no smoking show features the longtime Indana singer-songwriter's brand and catalog of alt-country/Americana tunes.
• Jeremiah Cosner will be performing cuts from his Hold Steady EP this Friday, March 4th at theRock for Kids Sake Music Festival
at The Video Saloon in downtown Bloomington. A wristband costs $10 for 7 venues and 20 bands. The proceeds from the festival will benefit children of Fairview Elementary School’s Artful Learning Program, which utilizes the arts to engage students with all academic subjects. Posner will also be at the Vollrath in Indianapolis on Friday, March 18, performing with Landon Keller, Brandon Whyde, and the Matt Mitchell Project. Wilde and Keller are singer/songwriters from Indy, and Matt Mitchell is from of Louisville.
• Adam Lee and the Dead Horse Sound Co have a free show coming up Friday, March 4 at The Black Sparrow in Lafayette. The Kansas City trio will showcase the band's "original spin on that classic country sound" according to their website. They are readying their sophomore album, When the Spirits Move Me - website
• Shawn Mullins kicks off the 14th season of the Indy Acoustic Cafe Series this Sunday, March 6, at the Wheeler Community Art Center. Doors at 6:30pm, show at 7pm - Tix are $20 at the door. Here' a guess: he'll play "Lullaby". His latest album is called Light You Up.
• Cross Canadian Ragweed leader Cody Canada and his new band The Departed will be in Bloomington on April 5, for a show at the Bluebird. Show at 9pm - $15