All of you who like your new year to have a hip ring will have some celebration options. * The Adam's Mark Hotel Airport will have a New Year's Eve smooth jazz party. I will be your MC for the fun and activities in the Golden Ballroom with the grooving saxophone sounds of Gregg Bacon's big group from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. Vocalists Goldie and Bethany Groves will be featured along with DJ Maxwell. Henry Lee Summer and the Alligator Brothers will rock in another ballroom, plus Quincy's Bar will be open with DJ Mark Boyton. On hand will be magicians, caricature artists and palm readers. Party tickets are $30 advance and $35 per person at the door, which includes admission to all entertainment, party favors, taxes and gratuity. Room and party package is $189 per couple, including two tickets to the party, a bottle of champagne, party favors and gratuity; $229 per couple also includes dinner for two. For reservations call 248-2481.
* The Chatterbox will feature Indy sax legend "Pookie" Johnson's group. Tickets are $15 per person, with party favors and midnight champagne toast.
* Bourbon Street Distillery features the JRW Trio from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. No cover or reservations; party favors and champagne midnight toast. Entrees available.
* Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, downtown, presents the Ken Fary Trio featuring saxophonist David Young. Party includes champagne toast, party favors and goes from 7 p.m. to midnight. Regular dining menu will be available. Reservations are required; call 633-1313.
* Indiana Roof Ballroom's Big Band New Year's Eve Dance with the Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra and Singers is $120 per couple in advance or $140 at the door, and includes dinner buffet, dessert bar and champagne toast at midnight. For reservations call 236-1870.
* Rick's Cafe Boatyard has Jennifer Kirk Group playing 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. and a DJ and dancing upstairs from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. No reservations required, seating up to one and a half hours before 9 p.m. Champagne toast at midnight and party favors, dining from the regular menu.
* The Jazz Kitchen will feature the fiery vocals of Cynthia Layne and her High Energy Band from 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Admission is $20 per person. Dinner reservations are required by calling 253-4900.
* Sullivan's Steakhouse has hot jazz with Claude Sifferlen and Joe Deal playing 8 p.m. to midnight. New Year's Eve package starting after 5:30 p.m. is $79.50 per person and includes dinner and dessert, party favors, balloon drop and midnight champagne toast. Reservations recommended but not required. Call 580-1280.
* Smokehouse Café offers New Year's Eve Dinner and Dance with Tommy Wills' Group starting at 7 p.m. Package for $19.95 per person includes choice of three entrees with two side dishes, salad and dessert, plus party bag and midnight champagne. Reservations required; call 884-4870.
* Fountain Square Theatre presents "Swing in the New Year" with the Cool City Swing Band featuring vocalists Shannon Forsell and Jimmy Guillford from 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets are $50 per person in advance or at the door. Includes entertainment, late night appetizer and dessert buffet, party favors and champagne toast.
Indianapolis Artsgarden, at the intersection of Illinois and Washington streets. Friday, the Hampton Sisters, 12:15 to 1:15, free lunchtime concert.
Chatterbox, 435 Massachusetts Ave. Closed on Saturday, New Year's Day. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, 45 S. Illinois St. Closed Sunday, Jan. 2.
Jazz Kitchen, 54 Street and College Avenue. Saturday, The Steve Allee Big Band, 8:30 and 10:30 p.m.
Sullivan's Steakhouse 3316 E. 86th St., Keystone at the Crossing. Open Saturday, no music.
D'Vine a Wine Bar, 86th and Keystone Avenue, Woodfield Shopping Center. Thursday, Betheny & Glenn Dunlap, vocals and keyboards, 8 p.m. to midnight.
Smokehouse Cafe, County Line Road and Meridian Street. "Sunday Jazz Brunch" with The Impulse Jazz Trio, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Tommy Wills' Twosome, dining and dance, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Bella Vita Ristorante, 11699 Fall Creek Road at Geist Marina. "Jazzing Up Breakfast" 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. with live jazz.
Chuck Workman is the producer/host of the Sunday Morning Jazz Show at 107.9 WTPI.