"While our Cover story this week has some great ideas for Valentine’s Day activities, here are a few more options.
• The Morris-Butler House, 1204 N. Park Ave., will present “Victorian Valentine Dinners and Concerts” Feb. 10 and 14. Dinner and dessert will feature recipes from the 19th century and period music performed in the home’s formal parlor. Cost is $100 per couple and reservations are required: 317-636-5409.
• The Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra and Vocalists will present a concert and dance, “Big Band Valentine’s Celebration,” that will highlight a popular selection of classic songs about love and the heart. It will be held in the beautiful Indiana Roof Ballroom, 140 W. Washington St., Feb. 11, 6-9 p.m. Tickets are $20 advance and $25 at the door. Call the Indiana Roof at 317-236-1870.
• The award-winning Capital City Chorus chapter of Sweet Adelines International, a not-for-profit women's singing organization, will be delivering Singing Valentines throughout the Indianapolis metropolitan area Feb. 14, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Order in-person delivery of two songs and a teddy bear for $50. You can also request a "Ringing Valentine": one or two songs delivered over the phone for $20. Call 317-241-SONG, www.capitalcitychorus.net.
• For a non-traditional V-day celebration, check out “Keep It Real on Valentine’s Day.” Couples will revive their passion and love by learning to communicate better and appreciate each other more. The evening is billed as a festive, fun and romantic event for couples, led by Indiana Imago Therapists. It will be held at Zest, 1134 E. 54th St., Feb. 14; doors open at 5:30 p.m. for socializing and hors d’oeuvres; main program is from 6-8 p.m. The event is free. Call 317-690-0941 to RSVP.
• Set your single friends up: IndyDatingAgent.com will present Connect-a-Date Feb. 8, 7-9:30 p.m. at LuLu’s Cocktails and Restaurant. Attendees come in pairs: one attached and one single person. Attached individuals will “speed date” with single people and interview them for the potential to meet their friends. To help you out, all single people fill out a questionnaire prior to the event so you’ll get a brief background and some things to talk about. After you’re finished with the interview rounds, attached people will determine who they think should meet their friends. Suggested ages are 27-39 and 40-55. For info: IndyDatingAgent.com.
For more events, check out the Calendar listings.