Special event If you’ve been looking for a girlfriends getaway without hopping on an airplane, then grab a friend and attend Simply She March 19-20 at the Champions Pavilion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. “I wanted to create a special big city event that taps into those female zones of personal interest: fashion, cuisine, beauty, home decor and wellness,” Kari Eisenhooth, founder and executive producer of Simply She, said.
Sassiness in the She Zones ...
• SAKS: Dana Buchman will be here to present a fashion show featuring her spring 2004 collection complete with NYC runway models. The 70-foot catwalk will feature non-stop fashion shows all weekend.
• SHOP: Discover Indianapolis’ hottest boutiques like Angela David, Collection 94, Studio V, Casa Décor and more as they set up shop.
• SEX AND THE CITY: Jason Lewis, who played Smith Jerrod, will visit Saturday, March 20 to get personal with fans during a 60-minute Q&A session.
• DECORATING SPACES: Local interior decorators face-off as they’re given the same furniture, fabric and accessories, but only 30-minutes to design a room.
• CUISINE ZONE: Local chefs, including Wendell Fowler, author of Eat Right, Now!, will share recipes and present personal cooking demonstrations.
• BOOK ZONE: Borders Books will create an onsite shop with best-sellers, health books, cookbooks and the latest romance novels. Local authors will be on hand to sign their books.
• HAIR AFFAIR: showcasing Indianapolis’ 10 hottest stylists. See for yourself the incredible BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS presented on the main stage from 3-4p.m., Saturday.
• WELLNESS ZONE: Place your body, mind and spirit in the hands of personal trainers and fitness gurus for yoga, pilates, salsa dancing, belly dancing and kickboxing. Indianapolis’ Top Docs will present special health screenings.
Tickets for the two-day affair are $8 pre-sale, $10 at the door and $15 for the Friday Night Spring Runway Show. Pre-sale tickets are available at any Old National Bank. A portion of the proceeds from this event will benefit the Suite Dreams Project. www.simplysheaffair.com.