"In case you haven’t noticed, the last Friday of every month is FringeFriday, featuring performances, drinks and announcements for this year’s upcoming Fringe Festival in August. This Friday, the event will be held at Mass Ave Pub (745 Massachusetts Ave., next door to Beliouny Luxury Apartments) from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nicole Gatzimos, Arson Theatre Company, Fat Girls Theatre and Storytelling Arts of Indiana will all be performing pieces for FringeFriday.
In addition to the performing showcases and an update on who’s already committed to a Fringe performing slot, there will be a very important announcement.
The first Fringe Festival/NUVO new play contest
Winner gets $300 and a free, coveted spot in IndyFringe 2007.
• Plays must be new, original works.
• Plays must not have been previously produced, although plays that have been workshopped are eligible.
• The playwright may have received funding to create or workshop the play.
• Plays entered must be no longer than 60 minutes and no less than 45 minutes.
• The contest is open to Indiana residents.
• One application per playwright is allowed.
• Employees, board members and regular contributors to NUVO and Fringe Festival should not apply.
• Winner must use the Fringe slot to produce the play that was submitted to the contest in the 2007 festival.
Winner: $300, free Fringe slot, 10-show festival pass
Second place: $200 and 10-show festival pass
Third place: $100 and 10-show festival pass
Note: If you’ve already committed to a Fringe slot and your play wins, your Fringe slot money will be refunded.
Complete and mail the application and your application fee to:
The Indianapolis Theatre Fringe Festival
PO Box 44121
Indianapolis IN 46244
Application form: www.indyfringe.org
Application fee: $25 made out to IndyFringe
If you wish your script returned, please provide a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Send a copy only. Deadline to apply is April 27, 2007. Winners will be announced May 25, 2007, at FringeFriday.
For more information, go to www.indyfringe.org.