• The Indiana Repertory Theatre will produce its annual holiday tradition: A Christmas Carol. Again this year, the IRT brings back Indianapolis’ favorite Scrooge, Charles Goad. Performances run Nov. 25-Dec. 24 on various dates and at various times. Call 317-635-5252 or checkwww.indianarep.com
for schedules. Tickets are $49; children and students, $24.
• Returning for a 13th season, A Beef & Boards Christmas offers something new each year. Santa and Mrs. Claus step aside, as this year’s show will be hosted by Kenny Shepard and Deb Wims, who will direct the show’s variety-style format. Santa will remain part of the show, along with the voices of four principle singers and eight dancers, which will entertain audiences during the two-hour journey through six Yuletide-themed segments. Performances are Nov. 25-Dec. 31, with evening shows Tuesdays-Sundays (no shows Dec. 24-27), two performance times on Saturday, Dec. 10 and 17 and matinee shows on Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre is located at 9301 N. Michigan Road. Tickets are $27.50-$49.50 and include the show, holiday buffet, tax and unlimited coffee and tea. Call 317-872-9664 or go to www.beefandboards.com.
• The Mystery Café will present Holiday HAM-icide Nov. 29-Dec. 31. The hammy actor in the annual holiday show A Christmas Scare All is mysteriously murdered by another holiday ham — of the honey-baked variety! The ham played Scrooge off-stage as well, so everyone is a suspect. Holiday HAM-icide looks behind the scenes at a mystery dinner theater where the show must go on, while hunting for the ham-handed killer. The audience-participation dinner theater event is $42 and takes place at the Milano Inn, 231 S. College Ave. Reservations: 317-684-0668, www.themysterycafeindy.com.
• ComedySportz Indianapolis will reinvent the story of Ebenezer Scrooge through comic improvisation in A Christmas Carol: Unscripted. After audiences provide suggestions, the professional improv performers of ComedySportz will mix them up with A Christmas Carol, and an old, familiar story will become something new and hilarious. Performances run Fridays, Nov. 25-Dec. 23 at 10 p.m. A Christmas Carol: Unscripted is only appropriate for those who are 17 and older. Tickets are $12. To make reservations call 317-951-8499 or go to www.indycomedysportz.com. The ComedySportz Arena is located at 721 Massachusetts Ave.
• American Cabaret Theatre will present Holiday Cabaret: Holidays at the Hop, a new musical revue of traditional ’50s Christmas songs. Shows are Nov. 26-Dec. 18, Saturdays at 2 p.m. and Sundays at 7 p.m., plus Dec. 2 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $20-$25. The ACT is located at 401 E. Michigan St., 631-0334, www.americancabarettheatre.com.