The Athenaeum has issued this call for artists...
Athenaeum ArtSpace Call for Artists
The Athenaeum ArtSpace, Indy's newest art venue, is seeking local, family-friendly, emerging and unknown artists for commission-free exhibitions. Each exhibition opens on IDADA First Friday and continues approximately three weeks. Artists of all media are encouraged to submit work for these juried exhibitions.
* Artist should reside in Marion or one of the seven surrounding counties.
* Artist should be capable of demonstrating the completion of two semesters of formal art studies or be capable of demonstrating at least three years of art production.
* Artist has not displayed artwork in the IDADA downtown art districts unless the display was part of a special event like "Visual Fringe" or other one-time special displays (less than 30 days).
* Artist will demonstrate an enrollment with ACI (Arts Council of Indianapolis) within 10 days prior to any display. (this is a no cost enrollment).
In addition to the ongoing First Friday exhibits, we are currently looking for submissions to be included in a November exhibit with the theme "Inspiring Places" to be part of the Spirit & Place Festival (this will be art involving the theme Inspiring Places in Indianapolis). Submissions should include the following information and should be received by July 31 at 5:00pm:
* Cd containing 10-20 images, image size at no less than 300dpi, 600x800
* Accompanying Title List with cd, numbered accordingly and including title, medium, dimensions, and year.
* Do not include name on title list. All submissions are juried.
c/o Kevin Gierman,
The Athenaeum ArtSpace
401 East Michigan St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
or contact Kevin Gierman at