The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week beginning Monday May 24, 2010, to test your knowledge of current environmental news.
New Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. In the wake of Deepwater Horizon disaster, what has happened to the permitting process for drilling offshore wells?
a. Permitting still continues.
b. Oil companies' bribery tactics are increasing.
c. Obama himself is reading every request.
d. It's gone "under-the-table."
e. Complete stop.
2. What did the Inspector General discover Federal regulators were allowing industry officials to do?
a. Party on taxpayers' dollars.
c. Write their own inspection reports.
d. Murder environmentalists.
e. Use their influence to reduce price of prostitutes.
3. According to the experts of the President's Cancer Panel, what are babies?
a. Born pre-polluted
b. Tiny versions of people
c. Pains in the ass
d. Little "carbon emitters"
e. The only hope for the future
4. According to researchers, what kept the Earth warm some 13,000 years ago.
a. Humongous farts
b. Giant farts
c. Mammoth farts
d. Enormous farts
e. Gargantuan farts
5. When do some researchers believe we will hit "peak water"?
b. Dec. 21, 2010
d. We already did — in 1970.
6. Barring global agreements to reduce CO2, how much is CO2 from coal, oil and natural gas expected to rise by 2035?
a. 12 percent
b. 37 percent
c. 67 percent
d. 43 percent
e. 22 percent
7. How was the Madagascar bird driven to extinction?
a. An oil spill
b. An invasive fish
c. Endocrine disruptors
d. Its own reluctance to survive
e. Too many movies made about it