• Keystone Grill, Keystone at the Crossing Blvd., has one of the longest-running jazz brunches in town. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the brunch features Steve Corn, piano, and Fred Withrow, bass. Lisa Baldwin provides adult contemporary and smooth jazz vocals and keyboards from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
• Rick’s Cafe Boatyard, 4050 Dandy Trail, ranks among the sustaining providers of the Sunday Jazz Brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Currently live jazz is played on the deck by Larry Calland & Conga Jazz from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• Hyatt Regency, 1 S. Capitol Ave., offers The Four Sexes’ hip sounds on The Porch for its Sunday brunch from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• The Smokehouse Cafe at County Line Road and Meridian Street is among the newest sites offering a Sunday Jazz Brunch. They are bringing a new ambiance, taste and sound to Greenwood with The Impulse Trio featuring Steve Wolf on bass, Matt Price on drums and Kathryn Ryanon keyboards from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Avalon Restaurant & Lounge, 8340 Allisonville Road, plays jazz recordings during its Sunday Jazz Brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 45 S. Illinois St., “Sizzling Steaks & Jazz Sundays” presents classic jazz each week from 7 to 10 p.m. Sept. 26 features Convergence.
• D’Vine Wine Bar has jazz 7 to 11 p.m. Soft jazz by Bill Lancton, guitar, and Dave Murray, bass, can be heard Sept. 26.
• Sullivan’s Steakhouse, 3316 E. 86th St., Keystone at the Crossing, specializes in hot live jazz from 5 to 9 p.m. Sept. 26 has Bill Kennaugh, piano, and Joe Deal, bass. • Rick’s Cafe Boatyard, 4050 Dandy Trail: The Art Trio plays each week from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m.
• There are also special jazz concerts that are performed on Sundays. Sept. 26, award-winning composer and pianist Becky Archibald plays a free concert at 2 p.m. entitled “What’s New With the Blues” at the Glendale Library, 6101 N. Keystone Avenue.
• Jazz in the Park, sponsored by American Legion Post 249 at Watkins Park, 2360 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St., has The Indy Jazz Company performing 4 to 7 p.m.
Chatterbox, 435 Massachusetts Ave. Friday, Tim Brickley Group. Saturday, Mo’ Funk and vocalist Goldie. Music from 10:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.; cover charge.
Jazz on the Avenue, 617 Indiana Ave. Madame Walker Theatre Center fourth floor ballroom, vocalist Mary Moss’ Birthday Bash and guest artist Friday, 6 to 10 p.m. Optional soul food buffet and cover charge.
Easley Winery, 205 N. College Ave. Saturday, Keni Washington Quartet, 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Burke, Taylor & Spurlock, 5 to 7 p.m.
Jazz Kitchen, 54th Street and College Avenue. Friday, Jimmy Coe Tribute Big Band. Saturday, BWJO plays The Miles Davis “Birth of the Cool” Nonet original arrangements. Shows at 8:30 and 10:30 p.m.
D’Vine Wine Bar, 86th and Keystone Avenue, Woodfield Shopping Center. Friday, vocalist Goldie Johnson. Saturday, vocals and keyboards from Dave Ellman. Music from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Sangiovese Restaurant, 4110 E. 82nd St. Tuesday, vocals and keyboards from Dave Lowe, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, Brenda Williams, vocals, David Meeks, piano, John Huber, bass. Thursday, Shannon Forsell, vocals, and Ray Larman, piano. Music 7 to 10 p.m.
Pauly’s Italian Restaurant, Southport Road and Hwy 37. Saxophonist Sophie Faught & Maiden Voyage, Wednesdays, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Fridays, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Chuck Workman is the producer/host of the Sunday Morning Jazz Show at 107.9 WTPI.