By Jasmine Otam
Indiana could be on the way to allowing Sunday alcohol sales at certain businesses.
Legislators combined multiple alcohol bills into one during the Senate Public Policy Committee meeting Wednesday.
Legislators added House Bill 1274, legalizing Sunday sales at artisan distilleries, into HB 1386, which deals with the selling of alcohol and issuing alcohol permits.
They also amended the bill to include HB 1247, which allows state parks to receive an alcohol permit without having to go through typical procedures, including public notice, investigation before a local board or regard to quota provisions.
The amendment passed 7-2.
Five other bills were also wrapped into HB 1386:
- SB 169 regarding special alcohol permits
- SB 172 regulation of private clubs
- SB 177 alcoholic beverage matters
- SB 294 sale of carryout at the Indianapolis 500 race
- HB 1118 alcoholic beverage permits and redevelopment
This new version of HB 1386 now moves to the full Senate for consideration.