According to the release, the update will include, "a new interior featuring sleek and contemporary finishes, an expanded bar area and a beautifully decorated dining room…The design parallels the trend of downtown urban living, elevated dining with a cosmopolitan feel. Award-winning designer, Loree Everette and her creative team at local architecture and design firm PHANOMEN Design
are spearheading the project."
A few highlights of the renovation include:
- A 5,600 square-foot dining room, including five private dining rooms/event spaces.
- Updated and expanded bar area with seating for over 70 people. Bar expansion includes: multi-sided bar top centered around live piano music, new bar seats, high-top tables positioned around the bar in elevated locations, booth dining
- Newly designed main dining area
- New exterior façade with a collection of tall granite and tile, new awnings and exterior windows
- Innovative temperature-controlled wine storage
- High-tech specialty lighting, audio visual and sound
- Updated kitchen
- High-end culinary technology throughout the restaurant including Tastevin iPad menus
- Wine On Tap ® selections
While the updates to the building are enticing and needed after 20 years, the exciting part for diners will happen in the kitchen. “In addition to Ruth’s famous regular menu, Ruth’s downtown is rolling out new menu items that I believe our guests will love,” says Andrew Vudis, General Manager and Operating Partner. “ The 2.0 menu features new dishes such as the chilled seafood tower, bone-in New York strip and 40 oz. tomahawk ribeye.”
Ruth's is know for their "Classic menu featuring New Orleans-inspired appetizers [and] most known for the sizzling USDA Prime steaks served on the signature 500-degree plate. As with Ruth’s Chris style, the renovated restaurant will naturally connect guests for celebratory occasions, business gatherings and those sizzling moments in between." For anyone who loves a good steak, that tomahawk ribeye should get your appetite going.
If Ruth's is one of your favorite spots you don't have to miss out on their steaks and seafood for the three weeks of renovation, you can always head to their Northside location in the Ironworks at Keystone building
Dinner hours are Mon. – Thur. 5-10 p.m.; Fri. 5-11 p.m.; Sat. 4:30-11 p.m.; and Sun. 4-9 p.m. Bar opens at 4 p.m. daily. For more information: ruthschrisindy.com
Ruth's Chris Steak House has been a part of Downtown Indianapolis for 20 years. After serving our community for two decades, this popular location is getting a little TLC. According to a recent press release, this $2 million revamp is going to close the restaurant for 3 weeks in September. But, when it re-opens on September 23, the updates will be stunning.