New Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What is taking over the drinking wells of South Florida's coast?
b. Pesticide runoff
d. Salt water
2. What does a recent report say about climate change and insurance agencies?
a. Climate change will ruin insurance companies.
b. Climate change doesn't believe in insurance companies.
c. Insurance companies don't believe in climate change.
d. Insurance companies are going to make a lot of money.
e. Insurance companies are unprepared.
3. What is the UN warning, regarding the famine in Somalia?
a. 750,000 could die.
b. It's caused by the worst drought in 60 years.
c. Malnutrition among children is 58 percent.
d. Some 12 million people need food aid.
e. All of these answers are horrifyingly true.
4. What has a team of marine scientists recommended about commercial fishing?
a. Stop fishing in the deep sea.
b. Stop fishing near the coasts.
c. Stop making reality TV shows about it.
d. Stop fishing.
e. Commercials should be made about it.
5. What are scientists disturbed to have found on the edge of Antarctica?
a. Beached whales
b. Teetering ice shelves
c. A McDonald's
d. King crabs
e. Giant jellyfish
6. What does a study say about the environmental impact of switching from coal to natural gas?
a. It would make it worse!
b. It would do little good.
c. We're fracked.
d. Stop asking me these questions!
e. It would do a LOT of good!
7. What did the UN's Ban Ki-moon say in a speech at University of Sydney?
a. "Hot times shows it time to get hot on climate change."
b. "High temps are the devil's playthings."
c. "High tide shows it's high time to act."
d. "Good luck graduating and getting a job."
e. "High tide shows it's time to get high."