Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What did a memorandum signed by 17 Nobel laureates say?
a. Casual Friday is temporarily suspended.
b. The time for procrastinating about climate change is over.
c. Suspenders are no longer an option for casual Friday.
d. The end is far.
e. The end is near.
2. What is the fundamental problem with plastic in the seas?
a. It sinks to the bottom where it can't be cleaned up.
b. It causes hermaphroditic fish.
c. It never fully biodegrades.
d. It tastes terrible.
e. It tastes like chicken.
3. What has been found in toys in China?
b. Tainted milk
d. Toxic drywall
e. Even smaller toys
4. In the past decade, two Greenland glaciers have lost enough ice to
a. Me with despair
b. Lake Erie
c. Lake Quebec
d. A tea cup
e. Climate scientists' coffers
5. How is Liberia hoping to save its rainforest?
a. Armed guards
b. Hanging illegal loggers
c. Stiff penalties and fines for illegal loggers
d. Barcoding its trees
e. Paying off illegal loggers
6. What reached a record level in February, 2011?
a. Global food costs
b. Recognition of the urgency of climate change.
c. Republican apologies for denying scientific evidence.
d. Coal mine closings.
e. Corporate acknowledgement of past misdeeds.
7. Where have scientists been finding BPA?
a. Only in baby bottles.
b. In nearly everything they test.
c. Behind Parallel Axioms
d. By Proximate Areas
e. Nowhere — it's a damn hoax!
8. In Australia, what is more climate friendly than thought?
a. Drunken revelers
b. Tasmanian devilry
c. Eternal drought
d. Cane toads
e. Burping cows