The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week beginning Monday, May 16, 2011, to test your knowledge of current environmental news.
Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What did a recent FAO report conclude about food waste?
a. Without it, there'd be no compost piles.
b. About a third of all food is lost or wasted.
c. Food waste, like climate change, is the result of 'natural
d. If only every home had a pig garbage disposal.
e. It draws food refugees like flies.
2. Where is a quarter of Mongolia's population now living?
a. In Upper Mongolia.
b. In their dreams.
c. In Russia.
d. In a vast shantytown.
e. In tunnels.
3. What do scientists think we should name this geological age ï¿½
since humans are causing such drastic environmental change?
c. The Endocene
4. Where does the governor of Florida, Rick Scott, stand on climate
a. He's convinced "man-made climate change will put Florida under
b. He's "not been convinced that there's any man-made climate
c. He's convinced it's not man-made, but "dog- and cat-made."
d. He's sure that "Florida will survive anthropogenic change."
e. He's convinced he should "maximize Floridians' ignorance to be
5. What is the result of the overuse of chemicals by Chinese
a. The farmers explode.
b. Children who eat the watermelons get sick.
c. The melons explode.
d. The melons grow horns.
e. The melons taste really good.
6. What is the Fed plan to confront white nose syndrome?
a. A "road map."
b. Special tissue paper.
c. A "BATtle plan"
d. Ignore it til it goes away.
e. Close down all caves.
7. Why was an Amish farmer arrested in DC?
a. For driving a car.
b. For fondling a Senate page.
c. For selling raw milk.
d. For protesting the film "Witness."
e. For selling pasteurized milk