The ApocaDocs, Jim and Michael, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week beginning Monday, Jan.10, to test your knowledge of current environmental news.
Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. Why is China banning logging in its largest forest reserve area?
a. To combat climate change.
b. For shits and grins.
c. For poops and laughs.
d. It's the Year of the Sparrow.
e. To enrage Western countries.
2. What does the president of the largest US farm group say the EPA's regulations are doing?
a. Endangering their industry.
b. Protecting the environment.
c. Saving the planet.
d. Doing the people's work.
e. Functioning as government should.
3. As the Arctic melts, what are U.S. government and military officials worried about?
a. Polar bears
c. The fate of the earth
d. Bad publicity
e. The U.S. is ill-prepared to protect its interests.
4. How is the Great Barrier Reef being threatened by Australian floods?
a. Cane toads prefer feasting on coral.
b. Everything about Australia is threatening!
c. By pouring too much water over them.
d. Toxic pollution run-off
e. Because of nature-empathy
5. What does research suggest is a vicious circle in urban centers?
a. Crack, sidewalk cracks and crackberrys
b. Fast food, obesity and tooth decay
c. Winkins, blinkins and nods
d. Stress, pollution and poverty
e. Drive-bys, bullets and drive-thrus
6. Where did airborne pollutants from fires near Montreal end up?
a. Your nose
b. Nowhere; bio-organisms consumed them.
c. The moon
d. Potsdam, New York
e. Bangor, Maine
7. What will a new global network venture aim to measure?
a. Number of bees
b. The growing obesity of the earth
c. Magnetic pole shift
d. Carbon emissions
e. Level of human hope/despair