The ApocaDocs, Michael and Jim, present the Pre-Apocalypse News & Info Quiz (PANIQuiz) for the week
beginning Monday, Dec. 13, 2010 and ending Sunday, Dec. 19, to test your knowledge of current environmental news.
New Free Book, "Humoring the Horror of the Converging Emergencies"
This Week's PANIQuestions (Answers below):
1. What does a leaked EPA document reveal about the widespread use of a bee-toxic pesticide?
a. EPA tried to stop the use of this pesticide, but bees were enraged.
b. EPA allowed the use of this pesticide, despite warnings from its own scientists.
c. EPA officials make artistic doodles on their documents!
d. EPA stopped the use of this pesticide, but bees kept dying anyway.
e. EPA officials want bees to die and get it over with.
2. What is a new development at Chernobyl, the site of the radioactive fallout in 1986?
a. A sustainable Wal-Mart.
b. Three eyed raccoons have been discovered.
c. A mosque at Ground Zero.
d. It's now open to tourists.
e. The Pope shall bless it.
3. Why should we care about a leak in a mine pit in a remote part of northeastern Alberta?
a. Because it is leaking Ebola virus.
b. Because it indicates we don't know enough about carbon sequestration.
c. Because we should care about EVERYTHING, dim-wit.
d. Because this flood will kill miners and their little dogs, too.
e. Because all of Canada could be under water by next year.
4. What are the reasons behind the proliferation of jellyfish in Northeast Atlantic and the Mediterranean?
a. Over-fishing and ocean warming.
b. Social networking and clever targeting.
c. Coral die-off and tourism decline.
d. Over-warming and ocean fishing.
e. A surfeit of bread and peanut butter.
5. According to new research, what does the glare of bright city lights do?
a. Blind you.
b. Interfere with chemical reactions that would normally clean air pollution.
c. Help you find your car.
d. Draw birds to downtown centers.
e. Help you find your keys.
6. Why has the U.S. Bureau of Land Management suspended wind permits for four promising wind energy proposals?
a. Because Big Coal paid them off.
b. Because the wind turbines could kill golden eagles.
c. Because Big Oil paid them off.
d. Because wind turbines cause headaches.
e. Because the wind no longer blows in those locations.
7. What did a top Fox News official order his staff to do?
a. Offer Ann Coulter sexual favors.
b. Cast doubt regarding climate science.
c. Offer Glenn Beck sexual favors.
d. Bring him lattes every day.
e. Deny the existence of God.