Here is a listing for outdoor summer jazz events in and around Indy.
• The 8th Annual Labor Day Street Fair in memory of Pete Pipkin & Pat Holland takes place Monday, Sept. 4. The free event at 54th & College Avenue lineup includes The Frank Glover Quartet, Midcoast Swing Orchestra and Rob Dixon & Triology +1
• The Indiana Avenue Renfest 2006 will be presented both indoors in the Walker Theatre and outdoors on the Walker Center parking lot.
Indoors: Thursday, Sept. 7, Lamar Campbell & Spirit & Praise, Teresater Anderson; Friday, jazz legend Ramsey Lewis. Tickets for indoor show call 236-2099.
Outdoor: Free performances, Saturday, Sept 9, ORI, Margaret Floyd, Mo Betta Jazz, Rob White, Indy Jazz Company, Larry Calland & Conga Jazz; Sunday, Mary Moss & Friends, Bill Lancton, Rob Dixon & Triology, Pharez Whitted, additional artist TBA.
• Penrod, Saturday Sept. 9 will have its jazz tent. Performing this year will be Rob Dixon & Triology, Cynthia Layne, Steve Allee and TBA artist.
• Greencastle will presents its third annual FYCDP Jazz Concert Sunday, Sept. 3 at 605 Crown St. on the grounds of the Family Youth and Community Center. Performing are Convergence, The Sandy Williams Trio, Randy Salman & Condition Blue and Tad Robinson.
• Deano’s at 1112 S. Shelby St. in Fountain Square will feature the Latin accent sounds of Conga Jazz Friday, Aug. 25 and Saturday, Aug. 26 from 8 to 11 p.m.
• Jazz on the Avenue, in the fourth floor ballroom of the Madame Walker Theatre Center, 617 Indiana Ave. presents popular saxophonist Gregg Bacon Friday, Aug. 25 from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Admission fee $10, optional buffet by Grants Catering is available
• Groovin’ In The Garden at Easley Winery, 205 N. College Ave. has guitarist Bill Lancton Saturday, Aug. 26 playing 5 to 7 p.m. Free.
• Jazz in the Park at Watkins Park, 2360 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. will feature Hazel Johnson Strong & Family with the Indy Youth Music School Sunday, Aug. 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. The free concert is sponsored by American Legion Post #249 and United Water.
• Kincaid’s, 141 Clay Terrace Blvd. Carmel offers jazz: Wednesday, Fred Sights keyboards, Barbara Epps, vocals; Thursday & Friday, Jennifer Kirk & Friends music 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. No cover.
• Brix Bistro, 65 S. 1st St. Zionsville showcases singer/guitarist Daniel A. Young performing jazz and standards on Tuesdays; Davis & Devitt perform jazz and pop. Music 6:30 to 9 30 p.m. Free.
• Lutz Steakhouse, 3100 Westfield Rd., Noblesville, Wednesday, Suzanne Panyard; Thursday, Dave Lowe, music 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.; Friday, Greg Anderson; Saturday, Dave Lowe, music 7 to 11 p.m. Free