For jazz lovers, there are a variety of ways to celebrate your way into the new year. Whether your jazz style is big band, contemporary, fusion, straight-ahead, smooth or swing, here are the venues that will offer sounds that you can relate to for a happening New Year's Eve.
* The Chatterbox, 435 Massachusetts Ave., has a $15 per person fee that includes party favors and a midnight champagne toast. Keni Washington & Omni-verse play straight-ahead jazz from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
* Indiana Roof Ballroom, 140 W. Washington St., offers a package of 7 p.m. dinner, dessert and champagne toast at midnight. The Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra & Singers will play swinging big band music for dancing from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Reservations in advance per couple are $125, or at the door $140. For reservations call 317-236-1877.
* The Bourbon Street Distillery, 361 Indiana Ave., offers a special dining menu of steaks, ribs and seafood items and complimentary party favors and champagne toast at midnight. Modern jazz will be played by the JRW Trio from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. or after, no cover. Dinner reservations requested; call 317-636-3316.
* Circle City Bar & Grille in the Mariott, 350 W. Maryland St.: Convergence Quartet with vocalist Sue Maginty play bebop, bossa nova, blues and standards for dancing on a newly installed dance floor from 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Cost is $85 per person, 5 to 10 p.m.; private dining options, party favors and midnight champagne toast, valet parking included. Mariott room packages available. Reservations: call 317-405-6100.
* Jazz Kitchen, 54th Street and College Avenue: Celebrate New Year's Eve with Cynthia Layne and her all-star band with the best of jazz, neo-soul, funk and R&B. Dinner reservations required; $25 per person includes party favors and champagne toast. Latest arrival is 8 p.m. Open at 5 p.m. for dinner. Call 317-253-4900 for reservations.
* D'Vine Wine Bar, 86th Street and Keystone Avenue in the Woodfield Shopping Center, has smooth jazz with X-Factor starting at 9 p.m. Packages are $75 per couple, with a full dinner and complimentary champagne and party favors. Reservations accepted until 11 p.m. After 11 p.m., admission is $10 per person for snacks and a glass of champagne. A second New Year's countdown will be held at 2 a.m. For reservations call 317-466-1117.
* Sullivan's Steakhouse, 3316 E. 86th St.: Hot jazz in the bar with Steve Corn, Joe Deal and Kevin Johnson from 6 p.m. to 12:15 a.m. with no cover. Dining room package is $79.95 per person and includes appetizers, dinner salad, sides, dessert, party favors and champagne toast at midnight. For reservations call 317-580-1280.
* At Rick's Cafe Boatyard, 4050 Dandy Trail, the Monika Herzig Trio plays contemporary and cool jazz from 7 p.m. to midnight. Regular dining menu, reservations optional, complimentary glass of champagne at midnight. For reservations call 317-290-9300.
* Sangiovese Ristorante, 4110 E. 82nd St.: Pianist David Meeks plays 7 p.m. to midnight. Seatings are at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Regular dining menu. Reservations requested; complimentary party favors and midnight champagne toast. For reservations call 317-596-0731.
* Cipo (formerly Vizion), 5252 E. 82nd St.: Gregg Bacon & Friends will be playing smooth jazz grooves on the mezzanine from 7 p.m. to midnight. Regular menu dining, reservations are recommended. For reservations call 317-577-9570.
* The legendary Hampton Sisters & Friends perform a free concert of swing, rhythm and blues Saturday, Dec. 31 from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Indianapolis Artsgarden.
* Nationally renowned new age pianist Jim Brickman & Friends play a concert of holiday music and more Friday, Dec. 30 at 8 p.m. at the Murat Theatre.
* Keystone Grill, 8650 Keystone at the Crossing, Steve Corn and Fred Withrow play appealing jazz for the Sunday Jazz Brunch, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday, 7 to 10 p.m.
* Cipo (formerly Vizion), 5252 E. 82nd St.: Gregg Bacon & Friends now play on the mezzanine on Fridays from 7 to 11 p.m.
* Sangiovese Ristorante, 4110 E. 82nd St. in River Edge Crossing, will have Dave Lowe Tuesday, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Friday, 8 to 11 p.m.; Wednesday, Brenda Williams, Pat Finnigan and Tom Pagett; Thursday, Shannon Forsell, Ray Larman and Todd Nichols, with music 7 to 10 p.m.