Indy Jazz Fest has announced this year's 10-day lineup of performers and headliners, and it's one glorious group of artists.
The festival will take place from September 11th to the 20th at various venues, and will feature special guest and Indy native, Josh Kaufman (recent winner of NBC's The Voice). Joining Kaufman as other headliners will be jazz saxophonist Maceo Parker and Saturday Night Live trombonist Steve Turre. And as if that's not exciting enough, the popular pub creep (September 15-19) will also be back this year along with a big block party for the finale.
Throughout the coming weeks, other performers will be added to the following schedule:
Thursday, September 11- Indy Jazz Fest Band at the Christel deHaan Fine Arts Center at the University of Indianapolis, 7 p.m. FREE to the public. Sponsored by WICR.
Friday, September 12- Maceo Parker at Madame Walker Theatre, 8 p.m. Ticket prices range from $40-$55, with student tickets available for $15.
- Claire Daly Quartet at The Jazz Kitchen, 7 p.m. Tickets are $12. Sponsored by North Coast Brewing Company.
- Sara Gazarek at The Cabaret at the Columbia Club, 8 p.m. Tickets range from $25-$55.
Saturday, September 13- Josh Kaufman at The Murat Theatre at Old National Centre, 8 p.m. Ticket prices range from $37-$57 with VIP tickets available. Sponsored by Ameriprise Financial and Hampton Inn Indianapolis Downtown.
- Gust Spenos Jumpin’ and Shoutin’ the Blues with Wycliffe Gordon (trombone), Freddie Hendrix (trumpet), Bruce Williams (alto sax), Jason Marshall (baritone sax), Brandon McCune (piano/B3), Chris Berger (bass), and Cecil Brooks (drums) at The Jazz Kitchen, 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $15.
- Sara Gazarek at The Cabaret at the Columbia Club, 7 p.m. Tickets range from $25-$55.
Sunday, September 14- Steve Turre Quintet plays the music of J.J. Johnson at Indiana Landmarks Center, 6:30 p.m. Ticket prices range from $25-$40 with student tickets available for $10.
- Farrelly Markiewicz Jazz Quartet, Weirich-Murray Band, and Butler University Jazz Combo sponsored and hosted by Dalara IndyCar Factory, Lino’s Coffee and the Speedway Chamber of Commerce and Redevelopment Commission, 1201 Main Street in Speedway, 1-8 p.m. FREE to the public.
- Musica Cubana: A snapshot of Cuba and its influence on jazz, dance and beyond: Pavel and Direct Contact, Sancocho Dance and Gerardo Gonzalez at the Indianapolis Marion County Central Library, 3 p.m. FREE to the public. Sponsored by IndyGo and the Indianapolis Marion County Library.
Wednesday, September 17
- Rob Dixon and the Indianapolis Jazz Collective featuring Stefon Harris with opening performance by the Cynthia Layne band at the Indianapolis Museum of Art Terrace (show will be moved indoors to the Toby in the event of rain), 7 p.m. Ticket prices range from $25-$35 with student tickets available for $10. Sponsored by The Law Firm of Foley & Abbott.
Thursday, September 18
- Grace Kelley Quartet at Apparatus, 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25. Sponsored by Apparatus.
- Butler University Faculty Jazz Quintet at the Howard L. Schrott Center for the Performing Arts, 7 p.m. FREE to the public.
Friday, September 19
- Tom Harrell Quartet with Luis Perdomo (piano and Fender Rhodes), Ugonna Okegwo (bass), and Johnathan Blake (drums) at the Jazz Kitchen, 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Ticket prices range from $30-$40.
Saturday, September 20
- BLOCK PARTY 2014 at the Jazz Kitchen and Yats, 3:30 p.m.-Midnight. Tickets are $15. Eleven bands on two stages inside and outside with food, drinks and great music (adults 21+).
Tickets for the festival will go on sale Friday, July 18th at indyjazzfest.net