Through the end of the month, the Damon's Grill at 5802 Flight School Drive will donate, dollar for dollar, all proceeds from dessert sales to help grant a local child's wish. In addition, Damon's will also be accepting donations of new toys to be given to Wish Kids. The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Indiana grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
For more information: Chelsea Meldrum, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Indiana, (317) 636-6060.
Sushi for sissies
Two local restaurants are holding your hand through the exploration and enjoyment of the sushi experience with explanations and taste testings.
DOWNTOWN: Bistro Tchopstix, 251 N. Illinois St., inside the Capitol Center. First Monday of every month. 6-7:30 p.m. 636-9000; reservations required.
BROAD RIPPLE: Naked Tchopstix, 6253 N. College Ave. Third Monday of every month, 6-7:30 p.m. 252-5555; reservations required.
TGI Friday's has introduced low-carb additions to their menu, to coincide with the popular Atkins diet. Items include:
* Tuscan Spinach Dip (Atkins Net Carbs: 17)
* Buffalo Wings (Atkins Net Carbs: 5)
* Sizzling NY Strip with Bleu Cheese (Atkins Net Carbs: 6)
* Cheeseburger Cheeseburger (Atkins Net Carbs: 6)
* Sizzling Chicken with Broccoli (Atkins Net Carbs: 17) (Cut 5 carbs by skipping the peppers and onions.)
* Garlic Chicken with Mixed Vegetables (Atkins Net Carbs: 7)
* Chargrilled Salmon Fillet (Atkins Net Carbs: 6)
* Tuna Salad Wraps (Atkins Net Carbs: 14) (Cut 4 carbs by skipping the pineapple.)
* Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (Atkins Net Carbs: 9)
*Due to food preparation, carb counts may vary slightly.