On Nov. 8 and 22, and Dec. 6 and 20, a new indoor winter farmers' market will debut at Traders Point Creamery in Zionsville. To be held in the heated barn from 9 to 11 a.m., the market will feature many of the purveyors who had stands at the 38th and Meridian market during the summer months. Producers will include: * Phelps Family Farm: natural farm raised beef, pork and eggs; proprietors Joe and Vonda Phelps, Ladoga
* The Swiss Connection: cheeses, ice cream and grass-fed beef; proprietors Alan & Mary Yegerlehner, Clay City
* Grabow Orchard & Bakery: quick breads, pies and apple dumplings; proprietor Glen Grabow, Pendleton
* Hickoryworks: the world's original and only shagbark hickory syrup; proprietors Sherrie Yarling & Gordon Jones, Trafalgar
* Traders Point Creamery: Indiana's only certified processor of organic milk and yogurt; proprietors Fritz and Jane Kunz, Zionsville
* Apple Works orchard: fall apples and fresh cider; proprietor Sarah Brown, Trafalgar
Traders Point is located at 9101 Moore Road, Zionsville. For info, call David Robb at 634-8180.
"Wines Around the World" at Ruth's Chris Steak House
A unique fund-raiser to benefit the educational programs of the Restaurant & Hospitality Association of Indiana is set for Tuesday, Nov. 18 at Ruth's Chris Steak House, Circle Centre Mall. Entitled "Wines Around the World," the event begins at 6:30 p.m. and will feature, in addition to a four-course dinner, wines from Germany, Italy, Spain, Lebanon, Chile, Australia and the United States.
Jeff Pigeon from WIBC radio will be the master of ceremonies for the evening. There will also be several "celebrity" wine stewards, including Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi. The event is sponsored by Ruth's Chris Steak House and National Wine & Spirits.
The menu for the evening is as follows:
* Appetizer: lobster ceviche with frisee and a green/red/yellow pepper aioli.
* First course: red and golden Gazpacho with crab and green tomato salsa.
* Second course: Al Fattoush (toasted bread salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and mint).
* Third course: filet of beef wrapped with prosciutto and caramelized leeks accompanied by crispy rosemary potatoes and a Dijon verjus veal glaze.
* Fourth course: Sabayon chocolate mousse ribbon napped with a dark godiva crème anglaise and a seasonal berry ragout.
Reservations are $150 per person and include a reception, wine tasting and dinner. Call 673-4211 or, toll free outside the Indianapolis area, (800) 678-1957.