1) What do you offer as a candidate?
Approximately 40 years of service to the Indianapolis community which included the following:
Serving on the Indianapolis City-County Council as a member of the Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee, Administration and Finance Committee and Economic Development Committee for 11 years and as City Council President in 2005.
Additional Community organizations where I have served: Ransburg YMCA, Member, Board of Managers; Indianapolis Public School #88, Community Council, Member; Jane Pauley Community Health Center, Advisory Board Member; Friends of Indianapolis Animal Care and Control Foundation, Member, Board of Directors; Social Health Association of Central Indiana, Inc., Member, Board of Directors; Marion County Superior Court Criminal Division, Probation Department, Volunteer Probation Officer (300-Hours Club); Indianapolis-Marion County Board of Ethics, Member 1985-1987; Meadows Fall Creek Civic League, Member; Van Lawson & Eva Talley Community GreenSpace, INC. President; Devington Community Development Corp., Member, Board of Directors; Legacy House, Chairman, Board of Directors; Jail Over Crowding Task Force, Member
2) What does your district most need from the City Council?
Increased protection from the city department city of public safety and jobs.
3) What's your opinion of the 2012 budget proposed by the mayor?
There is too much borrowing from future revenues to call it a balanced budget.
4) What is your position on a comprehensive smoking ban?
I am in full support.
5) Do you think the city should add more cops?
6) Do you support increased funding for public transit?
7) Do you think the streets and sidewalks in your district are in good shape?
8) Name one project that would most benefit your district.
A cleaner and greener environment which means both air and water ways with special attention being given to ease of walkability and connectivity in our neighborhoods.