– The perfect place to kick off your Cinco de Mayo is this Broad Ripple staple, you can't go wrong with a mix of breakfast and Mexican food. If you're planning on kicking off the drinking early, don't worry they have muchas cervezas, you lush. No judgement on this end.
– Indy's newest place for tacos and margaritas is planning a big first Cinco bash with $5 glasses or $20 botellas of Nada’s house margarita on draft, plus $3 Mexican beers and $2 Durango BBQ “Pastor” Tacos. P.S. have you tried their crispy pork belly tacos and robuchon truffled potatoes. ¡Ay dios mio!
Flat 12 Bierwerks
– It's not a Mexican place, but it a drinking place and they will be celebrating Cinco in style with some enticing new brews including, Leche de Diablo Chili Pepper Milk Stout, Margarita Gose and Tequila Half Cycle. Sitting out on their patio with a Tequila Half Cycle is about as Cinco as it gets.
- They're collaborating with Sun King for a fiesta of local beer mixed with Mexican food. It's an all day party at both Tijuana Flats and the Sun King Tap Room in Fishers. Plus, you'll be able to dance the night away to the live bands on the patio.
– Girls Pint Out is taking over at Big Lug for Cinco, but don't worry guys, you're welcome to attend this event. This is definitely the craziest Cinco special I've ever heard, for $35 you can partake in all you can eat tacos
and an open beer bar. Not to mention, Big Lug will also be releasing a specialty beer for the event Mamacita Lager. Bring an empty stomach and your favorite sombrero.
Goose The Market
– The market is doing some food specials all day including Chicken Con Queso Burgers (yum!), but the most exciting part of the day comes when they give out free beer tastings of Cinco brews including: Sierra Nevada Otra Vez Gose, Ballast Point Mango Even Keel Session IPA, Bell's Brewery Oatsmobile, New Belgium Brewing Heavy Melon, Anchor Brewing Company Go West! IPA. Free sounds good to me.
- For four years in a row they have thrown one of the best Cinco de Mayo parties, including a live Mariachi band. This year the Mariachi's play from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. and are followed by live local music from Jay Jones. Plus with $3 Modelo Draft, $5 House Margaritas, and $10 Pitchers of Margaritas, it's bound to be a can't miss fiesta!
Have a safe and happy Cinco de Mayo!
P.S. Keep checking back as we add more and more events as they are announced.
Hay caramba. Is it already Cinco de Mayo? For Mexicans it is a celebration of a decisive win against France during the Franco-Mexican War, but like with all holidays, American's have taken it as another reason to celebrate and drink and over-eat. I love America. So, if you're looking for places to eat and drink in celebration of our friends to the South, look no further.