1) What do you offer as a candidate?
A fresh look from an experienced citizen with common sense.
2) What does your district most need from the City Council?
A serious effort to control the expansion of local government, and a sincere effort at cutting expenses by eliminating unnecessary expenditures.
3) What's your opinion of the 2012 budget proposed by the mayor?
I believe the mayor wants to do a good job. However, his 2012 budget does not adequately address fundamental problems, such as mass transit and city infrastructure
4) What is your position on a comprehensive smoking ban?
I believe the government should not legislate personal choice.
5) Do you think the city needs more police officers?
I think the city needs to address crime by sponsoring real job training, and affording real employment opportunities to people who would work if they could find a job.
6) Do you support increased funding for public transit?
Absolutely. Mass transit is something local government should take very seriously, with a comprehensive plan that provides for public transportation to and from all the contiguous counties.
7) Do you think the streets and sidewalks in your district are in good
There are not enough sidewalks so there condition cannot be assessed. I think the streets are fairly well maintained, however a better job of preventative maintenance needs to be implemented.
8) Name one project that would most benefit your district.
Very soon Indianapolis will not have enough water to support everyone's needs. We need to have a serious approach to the long term need for water.
9) What question do you wish we'd asked?
Why are you running for City-Council...