For other jobs in the greater Indianapolis area visit our online classifieds
Art Director / Production Manager
Are you ready to join Indy’s most creative thinkers?
NUVO is seeking a talented and passionate Art Director / Production Manager who is responsible for crafting a unified vision that will not only appeal to its intended audience but also engage and communicate. The Art Director / Production Manager will create alongside other department leaders to realize an overall vision. The preferred candidate should be an effective leader, with a knowledge and appreciation for print strategies, web technologies and standards and have a strong understanding of today's media tools.
• Lead and manage a highly talented team producing print and digital products.
• Organize the incoming work and delegate projects according to team strengths and availability.
• Identify waste in the workflow and procedures with an eye towards continual improvement.
• Develop annual print and payroll budget and monitor expenses.
• Report to human resources and accounting
• Stay abreast of software and hardware innovations and make purchase recommendations when needed.
• Serve on the executive steering team helping to guide the overall direction of the company.
• Report to the publisher.
• Engage with the Marketing Department to implement the design of direct sales promotions and marketing campaigns.
• Work with managing editor to plan upcoming covers, including assigning designers and directing photographers and illustrators.
• Solicit bids for printing and prepare quotes for account executives and internal jobs.
• Schedule and enforce deadlines for weekly and monthly products, as well as brokered print jobs.
• Perform all responsibilities of a designer, including ad, editorial, marketing and web design and photo toning.
• Check all editorial pages to ensure adherence to design and brand standards.
• Minimum of three years of management experience as an Art Director. Art direction at a print publication is a plus.
• Ability to integrate across multiple media platforms.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Highly creative and strategic thinker.
• Capable leader and team player.
• Exemplary organizational skills
• Ability to remain calm and professional even during high-stress situations.
• Appreciation and understanding of deadlines.
• Capable of establishing clean, creative concepts consistent with a brand.
• Able to visualize design and conceptualize user experience.
• Expert knowledge: Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Indesign and Microsoft Office Suite
• Working knowledge: CMS systems (Wordpress, Wix, others) social media outlets, web trends.
• Deep understanding of typography, design principles, and layout.
• A strong portfolio of previous work.
• Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or equivalent is a plus.
• Sense of humor.
• Please include a cover letter, resume, and a link to your personal portfolio.
• If an online portfolio is unavailable, PDF portfolios are acceptable.
• Please send application to: (email@example.com
• Compensation to be reviewed during interview process.
Youthful. Active. Open-minded.
Thanks to NUVO’s unique position in the Indianapolis market, nearly 250,000 readers regularly turn to NUVO’s website, weekly paper and seasonal CityGuides for news and information on what’s happening in Indy.
Unparalleled coverage of local music and the arts, along with comprehensive local event listings and dining information, gives NUVO readers an indispensable tool for making entertainment decisions.
With hard-hitting news coverage of the important local issues that impact our readers’ lives, readers trust NUVO to keep them informed and updated – and they have now for 25 years.
If you think you have what it takes to work for Indy’s Alternative Voice, send resume to Kevin McKinney, Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
NUVO Promotions Intern - Spring 2014
NUVO is looking for social, outgoing, high-energy individuals who are enthusiastic about promotions and marketing to help us spread the word about NUVO to the Indianapolis community in our Spring 2014 Marketing and Promotions internship. Promotions and marketing interns at NUVO will get the best of both worlds as you receive valuable real world experience in our offices and the opportunity to attend some of Indy's greatest music, arts, and social events.
This internship is the chance to learn first-hand the business of selling and marketing modern media.
While interning with NUVO, interns will gain great exposure by working with our sales, marketing and promotions departments and assisting in all their efforts. Interns are invited and encouraged to attend departmental meetings to gain first hand experience across all aspects of a modern media company including web, marketing, promotions, editorial and production. Educational meetings will be set up between managers of different departments and the student interns.
Additionally, interns will assist NUVO by staffing various cultural events around town. This includes but is not limited to: passing out NUVO materials, conducting enter-to-win giveaways, shooting photos at the event, emceeing the event, and otherwise interacting with the public.
Interns will be required to be in the office a minimum of one day per week (totaling 8 hours) and each intern will be required to work two events per week out of the office. Event hours will vary per event. This internship is non-paid and is for-credit only. Staffers will also have access to tickets, NUVO swag, and additional comp items at the Promotions and Marketing Manager's discretion.
To apply, please contact Meaghan Banks (email@example.com)