For other jobs in the greater Indianapolis area visit our online classifieds
Digital Development Guru (aka: WordPress Expert)
Are you ready to join Indy’s most creative thinkers?
NUVO’s Digital Development Guru is a WordPress expert and an expert, or at the very least an early adopter, of all things digital media. This person will be responsible for building and maintaining NUVO’s digital portfolio as well as future commercial projects. As a web developer, this position is responsible for all aspects of front-end and backend development and help shape our digital direction going forward. This is a rare chance to be at the center of NUVO's digital future. This person is able to anticipate and act upon emerging tech to engage NUVO’s coveted digital-native, socially active and progressive audience. Ultimately, this position is accountable for creating engaged readers by optimizing existing digital assets and developing new ones.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
You will attend meetings with stakeholders, write technical specifications, develop and act on best practice processes e.g. We work to tight deadlines in a dynamic media environment so you will need to juggle several projects at once. We have a collaborative approach to projects and you will be part of a highly motivated and focused team working together to see projects through to delivery, on time and within budget.
• Quickly develop NUVO.net as a responsive, scalable, open, mobile-first site using WordPress.
• Liaise with IT, Editorial, Production, Marketing and Advertising departments to put best practice processes into place.
• Create and/or integrate plug-in services and modules for WordPress.
• Document technical and functional specifications.
• Ensure that we meet commercial 'go-live' deadlines.
• Provide technical consultancy services to stakeholders and occasionally clients.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Best candidates are quick learners with a bootstrap, DIY approach to life. Demonstrated project management or coordination skill, especially in the field of software or web development will go a long way.
• Documented experience in delivering websites using WordPress, understanding its strengths and weaknesses.
• Experience with WordPress templates.
• Experience developing WordPress plugins and themes.
• Experience developing in WordPress for media applications.
• Experience with Google Analytics.
• Proactive, willing to take initiative to meet deadlines in a fast paced, commercially driven working environment with constantly shifting priorities.
• Able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication ability covering all routine activities and contacts; be able to occasionally explain things in a non-technical manner.
• Understand issues surrounding analysis, tuning, scalability, high availability and concurrency of the WordPress platform and hosting infrastructure and work alongside the wider operations team towards these goals.
• Grasp of the full web-stack, from relational database to working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
• Familiarity with all applicable tools, methods, procedures and standards.
• A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving with attention to detail.
• Whether formally trained or self-taught, able to absorb, rapidly, new technical information as required.
• Able to competently plan, schedule and monitor their own work.
Preferred Experience for this Role:
• Experience with the tools surrounding WordPress: MySQL, Memcached, Nginx.
• Experience with parent themes, caching systems (WPSuper Cache, W3 Total Cache etc.), HyperDB, Yoast SEO.
• UI design experience with Adobe CS.
• Confident building user interfaces from PSD files and wireframes for functional specification.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented PHP.
• Experience with project management software (Basecamp).
• Experience with analytic or dashboard software, like Chartbeat.
• Experience with Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP).
• Experience with online video and audio distribution.
• Experience with gamification.
• Experience with Social Login.
• Experience in app development.
• Experience working in a structured, team-based environment and understanding of good software engineering practices.
NUVO’s future includes significant digital audience development. New products and their corresponding goals will come along with these industry-demanding initiatives. Being a proactive thought-leader in this arena and being an active participant in NUVO’s growth will be one of the most critical elements in the continuing growth of this position.
Send resume and links to: Braden R. Nicholson, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Here We Grow Again! Want to work for NUVO as an Account Manager?
NUVO is seeking a talented Account Manager to join our high-performing sales team in an inside sales and support role. Ideal candidate should thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while excelling in organization and attention to detail. An Account Manager works closely with key members of the sales staff to manage existing accounts while acting as a liaison between the art department and client. Account Managers are responsible for generating new leads, assisting in the sales process, executing post sale responsibilities, data entry and traffic coordinating while maintaining the highest level of customer service to our advertisers and other departments.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written and verbal command of the English language.
• Knowledge of all forms of digital advertising.
• Organization of time with laser focus attention to detail plus amazing follow through.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Maintain composure in a sometimes hectic environment.
• Enjoy and thrive around creative thinkers and energetic co-workers.
• Work well in a small office environment while maintaining professionalism.
• Experience with Google Analytics, Double-click for Publishers, and knowledge of the digital advertising world a plus.
• Ideal candidate will take pride in their work and posses a sense of humor.
If you think you have what it takes to work for Indy’s Alternative Voice, send resume to Mary Morgan, Director of Sales & Marketing at email@example.com