Sotomayor, Flaco and Andrew Belle at the Fountain Square Music Fest
One of our Street Team photographers dropped by the White Rabbit Cabaret and Hi-Fi last Saturday night during the Fountain Square Music Festival. The Street Team photographer captured the brilliantly live performances of Sotomayor, Flaco and Andrew Belle. Check out the show and the Fountain Square festivities.
Muncie Gras 2016
The Street Team rolled into Muncie, Indiana on Saturday night for Muncie Gras 2016. See some of the festivities that took place in downtown Muncie.
Rumor has it — shout out Adele — there's a big basketball event starting this week. The NUVO editors are challenging you, YES YOU, to join our bracket and beat us. We're pretty confident it's not going to happen, but hey, upsets happen.
Click HERE to join our FREE (like our paper) group, knock us down a peg, and prove your basketball prowess all at the same time.
Whooping NUVO's ass not going to cut it? The top 3 non-NUVO employee brackets will win gift certificates to The Stacked Pickle ($50 1st | $30 2nd | $20 3rd)
Enter the Stacked Pickle's "Beat Brackett's Bracket" Challenge for a chance at even more prizes.
Local Steampunkers gathered for an awesome night of food, dancing, and fire jugglers! Come check it out!
5th Quarter Lounge
Stonecutter's album release party at the 5th Quarter Lounge with Void King, Witchdoctor, DRUDE and Apostles of Solitude.
(Editor’s note: IUPUI as an organization, like most Hoosiers, is concerned with creating great talent in the workforce, and keeping that talent in our state. They will be conducting the IUPUI Talent Network Forum on March 15, 2016. Their Professional Development and Corporate Education department has created and provided these tips as a sneak preview of the content in that event.)
What do employers need to know to attract and retain the best employees?
Whether you are an employee or employer, maintaining your talent edge can be a challenge if you aren’t growing and improving your skills, products, and services.
It may be tempting to look outside of Indiana for new talent. But it’s less expensive and creates a more desirable workplace environment over the long haul to develop the talent that we have here in the Hoosier state, or that you may even currently have under your company’s roof right now.
Invest in people as a core strategy – for you and your company. Consider these 5 benefits as you make the investment:
1) To retain and grow your talent: Companies should focus on growing talent at all levels of the organization. From the customer service desk to the executive boardroom, all levels value opportunities to adapt and grow skills.
2) To attract new talent: Often considered part of a benefits package, today’s job seekers value companies who invest in training and education programs. Investing in people as part of your strategy can differentiate you in the market.
3) To drive engagement and culture: Employers who invest in their people have greater engagement. Greater engagement leads to improved loyalty and culture. This, in turn, drives improved employee satisfaction and a highly desired culture.
4) To define quality and standards: Establishing customized training programs for your company allows you to create standards for service and quality. Employees unite around the standards, taking pride in the work that they perform as part of a broader cause.
5) To prepare for future needs: By creating talent development strategies, companies can predict needs of the future workforce and identify talent gaps. Plans and programs can be developed proactively to retrain existing employees or introduce new skills.
For more, contact IUPUI Professional Development and Corporate Education. From talent forums and next-level training programs to customized training designed specifically for you, we deliver education and professional development programs to increase and retain talent in Indiana. For more information about us, see: PDCE.
(Editor’s note: This content was created by the Professional Development and Corporate Education department at IUPUI.)
Vince Staples at Deluxe
Vince Staples put on an amazing concert Friday night. Come see what you missed.
The Kevin Lee Grand Prix
March First Friday Art Tour 2016
One of our Street Team photographers stopped by The Alexander Hotel, iMOCA at CityWay and Long Sharp Gallery to enjoy night full of visually stunning art. Have a look at what all you missed!
Indy Golf Expo
James Dant 2 Year Anniversary Bash
Future & Ty Dolla $ign at Egyptian Room
One of our photographers joined Future at the sold out Egyptian Room for one of the most intense concerts to come to Indy. Come check out what you missed.